Caleb has now completed the first four parts of the Tree Care Industry’s Tree Care Academy.
* Tree Care Apprentice
*Chain Saw Specialest
*Chipper Operator Specialist
*Ground Operations Specialist
It’s been 5 years since I obtained the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification and this March, I retook the course to maintain my credential. Now I’m qualified through 2024!
TRAQ is an ISA qualification program that trains arborists how to use the methodologies outlined in the ISA Best Management Practices for Tree Risk Assessment. This qualification promotes the safety of people and property by providing a standardized and systematic process for assessing tree risk. The results of a tree risk assessment can provide tree owners and risk managers with the information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity.
Obtaining the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification
The qualification consists of a 2-day educational course followed by a ½ day assessment that includes both a written and field component. It is required that you attend the course and successfully complete the assessment in order to receive this qualification.
To be eligible to register for the course and take the exam, you must have earned one of the following credentials:
- ISA Certified Arborist or ISA Board Certified Master Arborist
- European Tree Worker, European Tree Technician, Fachagrarwirt Baumpflege
- AHC30810 Certificate III in Arboriculture (Australia), NZ National Certificate in Horticulture (Arboriculture) (Level 4)
- United Kingdom Qualifications and Credit Framework Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Arboriculture
- Connecticut, Louisiana, and Rhode Island Arborist Licenses, Maryland Tree Experts, Massachusetts Certified Arborist, New Jersey Certified Tree Expert, New Hampshire Arborists Association Certified Arborist
- SAF Certified Forester
- An arboriculture or urban forestry degree that is part of a national qualifications framework or is from a college or university that is accredited or recognized under a system that is substantially similar to accreditation.
- TRACE or TRAQ
If you have questions about your ash trees, please give us a call. We are Vermont Certified Pesticide Applicators and we recommend a systemic insecticide that is Omri listed called TreeAzin.
To learn more, please follow the link below.